Resources for North River District and SMTC
PATC North River District Managers: Lynn Cameron and Malcolm Cameron, (540) 234-6273 (h), (540) 830-4524 (c)
- PPE Whether you are working alone or in a group, safety is paramount. Be sure to wear your PPE: Hard hat, safety glasses, and gloves. (Required for coverage in case of injury and for liability,)
- PATC Trail Worktrip Form Use this to report your volunteer and travel hours. Worktrip leaders can report hours for everyone in a group. List names of participants under "Comments".
Volunteer Agreement Documents
PATC has a volunteer agreement with the GWNF North Zone, signed in April 2022.
Agreement Signed by PATC and GWNF (301a Group agreement, 2022-24)
Volunteer Service Activity Description, April 2022-24
North Zone Volunteer Project and Emergency Response Combined
Worktrip leaders should be familiar with this document. It includes the following:
Quick Links for Worktrip Leaders
Trip leaders -
1. Print this off, fill it out, and take it in your pack. It will be helpful in case of emergency.
2. Print off a 301b and Tailgate Safety Form before the worktrip and staple them together. Fill out the Tailgate Safety Form and give a safety talk at the trailhead, highlighting hazards specific to the location, type of work, and weather conditions. Have each participant fill out a line on the 301b form. After the work trip, take a photo of the Pre-Trip Safety Checklist, the signed 301b form, and the Tailgate Safety Form and send to Malcolm Cameron, (540) 830-4524. He will make sure it is sent to the appropriate FS staff member.
3. PATCReport Form online
Report the worktrirp and list all participants.
4. FS Medical Incident Report Form
If anyone is injured during the work trip, contact Steve Beri and fill out a Medical Incident Report Form asap.
Job Hazard Analyses
The FS has developed detailed JHA for a wide variety of work activities.. These are a good resource to draw from for group worktrip safety talks.